Donation

Friday, July 25, 2008

Spear Fishing

We finally took a day off and went to the ocean. WOW! I have never seen so many fish. After swimming in the Caribbean and Bermuda, where every fish over six inches has been caught and eaten, I was simply amazed at the abundance of large yummy fish everywhere.

Konswan got to snorkel for the first time, which she is now hooked on.

I shot us some lovely Parrot fish and a Pig Fish, man, I forgot how good fresh fish is!

We also toured the coastline by boat from Santa Cruz to Ponta Delgada. Simply amazing, the cliff walls are dotted with natural springs and waterfalls, leaving a trail of flowers in their wake.

We also explored several caves that are only visible from a boat at low tide.

Next time we will take the camera, although I don´t think photos can do justice to the magnitude of 1000 foot vertical cliffs shooting up from crystal clear waters, speckled with bright fish.

No comments: